Gov. Rounds Calls for Another Fatality-Free Holiday

Statement

Date: July 2, 2008
Location: Pierre, SD
Issues: Transportation


Gov. Rounds calls for another fatality-free holiday

Gov. Mike Rounds is asking South Dakotans to keep up the good work when it comes to responsible driving this Fourth of July.

"We've seen our accident statistics improve over the last several months. Memorial Day was our last big travel weekend, and for the first time in at least five years, we didn't have any fatalities," said Gov. Rounds. "That is excellent news, and I encourage South Dakotans to keep those responsible driving habits intact throughout the Fourth of July weekend."

"Keeping the seatbelt buckled, having a sober driver, and following the posted speed limits will help assure another fatality-free holiday," said Gov. Rounds.

Last year, there were 40 accidents on South Dakota roads during the Fourth of July holiday. Those wrecks injured 25 people.


Source
arrow_upward